Re: [cdt-dev] Building with Maven

Worry if you need. Contribute if you have a vested interest in it.

> > > I imagine this will work, but having maven "download" things from
> > > file:// repository sounds like a way to slow down already slow down
> > > build :-(
> >
> > Not sure I get you. file:// should be pretty fast since it doesn't go
> > over a network connection.
>
> Unless file:// is actually an NFS share.

My point is that it shouldn't be noticeably slower than straight file access. Unless you have evidence to the contrary.

> > And I'm not sure I'd characterize the builds as slow. Including
> > running all the tests, the builds only take 40 minutes on Hudson.
>
> That counts as slow in my book. In our current environment, building CDT
> takes a few minutes (without tests), which is important for productivity.

I hope you're team isn't doing releng builds on a regular basis. If they are, then you apparently do have a vested interest in contributing to make things better.

> - Volodya
>
> --
> Vladimir Prus
> CodeSourcery / Mentor Graphics