Re: [cdt-dev] Building with Maven

On Wednesday, September 28, 2011 20:56:41 Schaefer, Doug wrote:
> [...]

I kinda understand that with limited resources, pushing releng onto vendors
might be reasonable, but this is obviously not a good idea in general, so
I'm worried that you seem to think it's OK.

> > > Another option is to create a local mirror of the dependencies for CDT
> > > and set the properties listed in the top level pom.xml file to point
> > > at them instead of the default. It's pretty easy to create p2 mirrors
> > > these days (google for it). And use -D on the mvn command line to
> > > override the properties.
> >
> > I imagine this will work, but having maven "download" things from file://
> > repository sounds like a way to slow down already slow down build :-(
>
> Not sure I get you. file:// should be pretty fast since it doesn't go over
> a network connection.

Unless file:// is actually an NFS share.

> And I'm not sure I'd characterize the builds as
> slow. Including running all the tests, the builds only take 40 minutes on
> Hudson.

That counts as slow in my book. In our current environment, building CDT
takes a few minutes (without tests), which is important for productivity.

- Volodya

--
Vladimir Prus
CodeSourcery / Mentor Graphics