Re: [cdt-dev] Building with Maven

To summarize my point in this discussion. The reason we went to Maven is so that everyone can build for themselves anywhere. Almost every vendor has patches they apply to CDT before releasing it downstream. Having a build system that can run anywhere is a key requirement that the previous releng scripts didn't allow (they were very tied to being run on build.eclipse.org).

We have properties that allow you to point at alternative locations for the Eclipse Platform and TM dependencies. You should have what you need. If not, please propose changes.

Doug.