Re: [cdt-dev] Debugging without a project

> On the other hand, you can create a generic launch (I call it Attach)
> without a binary or a project.  You can re-use that same launch
> for any binary you want to attach too.  This works on HEAD already.
>
> Marc
I know this option. What I am talking about is an automatic launch for Just-
in-time debugging
http://osdir.com/ml/gdb.devel/2002-06/msg00069.html

I already use this for command line gdb and QtCreator.

>The main issue with doing it this way is that you get caught up in the
>Eclipse startup time issue. It still takes about 10 seconds for Eclipse to
>fire up on modern machines.
If I could reuse an existing Eclipse session startup time would be no problem.
Something like the openFile launcher (open any file from the Explorer in
Eclipse) would be fine.

  Axel

Back to the top