[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [cdt-dev] Debugging without a project
- From: Marc Khouzam <marc.khouzam@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2011 14:48:00 -0400
- Accept-language: en-US
- Acceptlanguage: en-US
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Thread-index: AcwEQhAGZ88EuaHGTsiXKNvu1ALVRgAABWHg
- Thread-topic: [cdt-dev] Debugging without a project
> -----Original Message-----
> From: cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
> [mailto:cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Axel Müller
> Sent: Tuesday, April 26, 2011 2:45 PM
> To: CDT General developers list.
> Subject: Re: [cdt-dev] Debugging without a project
> Am Dienstag 26 April 2011, um 20:34:12 schrieb Schaefer, Doug:
> > n allow it as a command-line argument to Eclipse.
> +1 I would like to see a command line argument to attach to a
> running process.
+1. However, the time Eclipse takes to startup may not be condusive
to starting it every time one wants to debug :-)
On the other hand, you can create a generic launch (I call it Attach)
without a binary or a project. You can re-use that same launch
for any binary you want to attach too. This works on HEAD already.