[cdt-dev] Debugging without a project

Hi,

I think a great feature for CDT debugging is to allow a user
to debug any application, not just the ones that were built in
Eclipse.

We currently support this, but not nicely, as we still require
a bogus project to be used.  As part of http://bugs.eclipse.org/343861
I will be removing the requirement to specify a project by simply
allowing the project box of the launch to remain empty (as long
as the binary selected uses an absolute path).

Users will then be able to simply input a binary on their system
and start debugging right away.  In fact, a user could use CDT
to debug without ever creating a project.

If anyone thinks of a reason this would be bad, please let me know.

Thanks

Marc

Back to the top