Re: [cdt-dev] pdom extensions?

Hi Elena,
we cannot easily open up the index for storing information that is not generated by the indexer. If you need to store information that is created at a later point, I think it is easier to store it else-where.

Also when storing information per function you need to decide whether to store it with the binding (represents an entity with potentially multiple declarations, definitions or reference) or with a specific occurrence of the function (a declaration, defintion or reference). Either way there is a challenge: In the former case it is unclear, when a property has to be changed (e.g. you have multiple definitions for a function, one returning null, the other not). For the latter case a there is a size issue. There are lots of occurrences and their representation should not grow beyond what we have now.

Markus.