Re: [cdt-dev] urge to use git rising...

On Dec 8, 2010, at 19:18, Schaefer, Doug wrote:

I'm not sure what shape the merge support is with egit, but we are using
it for internal plug-in development and it's OK so far. I can't wait
until we can revisit this for the CDT, hopefully in the summer.

http://wiki.eclipse.org/EGit/New_and_Noteworthy/0.9#Improved_Merge_Support

EGit 0.9 improved merge support to allow some non-fast-forward merging, back in September. I think that's in Helios SR1, but it's also available in the EGit marketplace:

http://marketplace.eclipse.org/content/egit-git-team-provider

That was certainly one of the major issues with 0.8 that prevented it being worthy on its own.

You may be interested to know that next week is the planned release date for EGit 0.10:

http://www.eclipse.org/projects/project-plan.php?projectid=technology.egit

It might be worth re-having the conversation after that's available and people can try it out.

Alex

Back to the top