[cdt-dev] Introducing GSOC entry "C++ editor enhancements"

Hello!

I'd like to introduce myself. My name is Tomasz WesoĊ‚owski and I was accepted for this year's Google Summer of Code. My project's aim is to enhance the C++ editor in terms of coding ergonomy and automation.

You can find the full description of the topic on the wiki:
http://wiki.eclipse.org/CDT/C_editor_enhancements

I've also started a blog in which I plan to describe my progress regularly. Follow me at:
http://kos-eclipse.blogspot.com/

For the start, I'd like you to read the wiki pages (I'm progressively documenting my initial ideas there) and contribute with your comments and suggestions - see the "How can you help?" section. I believe that contact with the community of CDT (and with C++ programmers in general) is essential in this project - I want the editor improvements to reflect the actual needs of the C++ community as well as possible.
Besides the wiki and the blog, I've browsed the Eclipse bugzilla and found over 90 open bugs which seemed mostly related somehow to my work.

My plans for the next days are as follows:

- finish documenting initial ideas on the wiki,
- invite more C++ programmers to discuss about the changes to be done,
- gather more ideas for improvement from C++ programmers,
- examine the bug list in detail to find new suggestions and duplicates of my ideas.

I'd greatly appreciate any guidelines. Wish me luck!

Best regards,
Tomasz Wesolowski

Back to the top