Re: [cdt-dev] questions about building and modifying CDT plugins

> Message: 1
> Date: Thu, 4 Mar 2010 16:57:19 -0800
> From: Tim Black <timblaktu@xxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: [cdt-dev] questions about building and modifying CDT plugins
> To: cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx

> I did a fresh install of the current release (3.5.2r35) of
> the RCP/Plug-in
> Developers distribution of Eclipse, and then followed the
> instructions at
> http://wiki.eclipse.org/Getting_started_with_CDT_development.
> I checked out
> the listed plugins from HEAD->org.eclipse.cdt->all. Upon building all
> projects, several build errors and warnings accumulated. Many
> of the errors
> were "x cannot be resolved to a type" or "import y cannot be
> resolved".

FYI, how to without CVS access:
When I have to patch my own system I plug in CDT in my PDE installation and then run import_as->Source_project via the Plug-ins view. Then I change the sources of my plug-in, export it as plug-in and finally I manually replace the jar in my CDT installation with the patched one.

--harald

Back to the top