RE: [cdt-dev] Renaming "DSF Disassembly"

At 10:05 AM 2/19/2010, Warren.Paul@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

Given the view is still in DSF, why would we move the prefs out of the DSP plugin?

Well, if it's shared between DSF and CDI, then it's really not a DSF feature and I would assume it would be in org.eclipse.cdt.debug.ui.  Is DSF required in CDT 7.0 or can vendors ship without it if they're only using CDI?

Right. This was discussed in the bugzilla report. It's a matter of moving files around (and losing their history in cvs) and avoiding it if possible, especially if it doesn't bring any practical benefit. With the big push to reach feature parity to make DSF the default CDT debugger framework, I don't expect DSF to be an optional CDT package in Helios. Thus my thinking is that we need not worry about the location of the view. Of course, if a vendor wants to strip out DSF in its distribution, that becomes an issue, but is that something we expect vendors to do? Filtering out unwanted features in a product is better done using capabilities/activities than ripping out plugins, IMO.

John

Back to the top