RE: [cdt-dev] CDT Build Console enhancements

It sounds like he just wants to add the same build toolbar to the console view which sounds fine.  I don't like add command line arguments for make to the standard CDT build console since there are many other non-make based builders.  That could potentially be added dynamically based on the type of project being built.

Hyperlinks of errors/warnings in the console view would be a great addition IMO.  There's actually a bug (or two or three) about this with a good amount of history.  I would recommend tracking that down so you can see whatever issues you might run into.  I remember looking at doing that a year or two ago and ran into some problems that couldn't be solved without a decent refactor of the CDT build console.

As James said, anything to do with parsing errors and resolving source locations should be done in the error parsing mechanism so the results are the same in both the console and problems view.

Thanks,
Warren