Re: [cdt-dev] CDT Build Console enhancements

Hi Dmitry,

2009/10/19 Dmitry Kozlov <ddk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> I'm working on some enhancements to CDT Build Console:
> - Run build button on concole toolbar, to run build directly from console

How would this differ from the BuildAction in the toolbar or make
targets in the make target view?

> - "Make arguments" text field on console toolbar to pass parameters to
> make when Run build is pressed
> - Build Console output text partitioning to enable moving between errors
> and going from errors to source code directly from console, not using
> problems view.

This sounds useful.

> - File prefixes translation in console preferences to enable view error
> in local source file while compiler reported error against remote
> filesystem, e.g. translate /net/user/project/src/ to C:\myProject\src.

This should be part of the ErrorParser framework, or there'll be a
confusing disconnect between what the console is able to do and what
the Problems view gives.  There's also no point re-implementing the
source resolution logic.

I'm not sure how much of the above belongs in the Console. The builds
have (so far) been run using the Eclipse project builder mechanism.
Arguably, for Makefile projects, this is overkill as we don't care
about resource deltas since last build and it's a pain having the
Workspace locked.  How would a console run build be different from the
existing build mechanisms we've got?

Cheers,
James