[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[cdt-dev] Problem with large source files in CDT 6.0.1
- From: "Kennedy, Stephen M (Steve)" <stevekennedy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 28 Sep 2009 16:12:46 -0500
- Accept-language: en-US
- Acceptlanguage: en-US
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- Thread-index: AcpAgG1oLCTIzQKaRa+paWv3A/5yVw==
- Thread-topic: Problem with large source files in CDT 6.0.1
We have some rather large source files (e.g, around 39,000 lines). CDT 5.0.2 handled them pretty well--after opening the file it took about 30 seconds for the outline to show up and all the syntax highlighting to appear. I just set up a CDT 6.0.1 install
and have found the large file handling is not working as well. After opening a large file, the outline shows up in 30s, but it takes an additional 3-4 minutes for the highlighting on variables/types to show up. During this time, hovers don't usually work
(but oddly sometimes do). Even worse, every F3 (open declaration) operation takes 3-4 minutes to complete. I'm watching the heap mem usage in jconsole and it uses and releases 200mb of memory 6 times before the operation completes.
Any ideas what's going on here?