From: cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Kennedy, Stephen M (Steve)
Sent: Monday, September 28, 2009 5:13 PM
To: CDT General developers list.
Subject: [cdt-dev] Problem with large source files in CDT 6.0.1

We have some rather large source files (e.g, around 39,000 lines).  CDT 5.0.2 handled them pretty well--after opening the file it took about 30 seconds for the outline to show up and all the syntax highlighting to appear.  I just set up a CDT 6.0.1 install and have found the large file handling is not working as well.  After opening a large file, the outline shows up in 30s, but it takes an additional 3-4 minutes for the highlighting on variables/types to show up.  During this time, hovers don't usually work (but oddly sometimes do).  Even worse, every F3 (open declaration) operation takes 3-4 minutes to complete.  I'm watching the heap mem usage in jconsole and it uses and releases 200mb of memory 6 times before the operation completes.

Any ideas what's going on here?

Thanks,
Steve Kennedy

Back to the top