Re: [cdt-dev] Can I get call graphs, fan in, fan out, etc. from Indexer?

On 01/25/2008 10:29 AM, Moore, Chris (ESL Roseville) wrote:
What I'd really like now is to get a report - something that shows the static
call graph of what functions call what other functions.  In particular I'm
interested in what functions are never called by anything.

I can go through the code one function at a time, click on every function
declaration, and ask for references - but it'd be nice to just be able to
get a report.  The Indexer obviously has that information, but I don't know
where or how to get it.

Is there a way to do that?  I've seen lots of Java plugins that do analysis,
but nothing for C.  If anyone has any suggestions I'd really appreciate it.

I know that this isn't an "eclipse" answer, but you might want to take a look at doxygen. It can produce static call graphs (look at the CALL_GRAPH and CALLER_GRAPH settings).

Larry.

Back to the top