Re: [cdt-dev] Newbie trying to get to the point of compiling and testing CDT from sources

You're almost there. :)
I presume you got the SDK as well as the base C/++ tools from the update
site.
You can now import the CDT projects from what's in your eclipse
installation..
Go to the plugins view (Window > Show View > other > PDE > Plugins)
(I like to pull this view up behind the Pkg Explorer so it's tall, for the
long list)
Find an org.eclipse.cdt.*  plugin and hit rightMouse -> Import As -> Source
Project
and you will have a new plugin project in your workspace.
(You can easily delete this project later and it doesn't affect your
installation at all)
Change anything you like; then launch an eclipse application and I think
the default launch configuration (Plugins tab) says to use "all workspace
and enabled target plug-ins"
Which should pass along, to the eclipse workbench you'll launch, all of
your installation plus your workspace plug-ins, e.g. any CDT plugins you
modified.
Happy CDT hacking!

..Beth

Beth Tibbitts  (859) 243-4981  (TL 545-4981)
High Productivity Tools / Parallel Tools  http://eclipse.org/ptp
IBM T.J.Watson Research Center
Mailing Address:  IBM Corp., 745 West New Circle Road, Lexington, KY 40511

             Andrew Stevens
             <andrew.stevens@m
             net-online.de>                                             To
             Sent by:                  cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
             cdt-dev-bounces@e                                          cc
             clipse.org
                                                                   Subject
                                       [cdt-dev] Newbie trying to get to
             01/22/08 01:30 PM         the point of compiling and
                                       testing CDT from sources

             Please respond to
               "CDT General
             developers list."
             <cdt-dev@eclipse.
                   org>

Dear CDT-dev,

As a regular at-work CDT user with some itches I like to scratch and an
interest in getting into Eclipse development I'd like to experiment at
little
the CDT sources. Basically, get to a point where I could usefully
contribute.

For first learning I thought to use the 4.0.2 release to play with (so
hopefully allowing prerequisites to be satisfied with a normal 3.3.1.1
release Eclipse environment).

After much study of wiki pages and trial and error I've pulled and
installed
cdt-master-4.0.2-I200711280800.zip via Software Updates>Find and Install...

The sources are now in my .eclipse ... but this oif course  doesn't yet
give
me any Java projects that I can play with and build.  Whats the correct way

to import the packaged sources in a way that allows me to
edit/compile/test ?

Many thanks,

             Andrew

--