[cdt-dev] Newbie trying to get to the point of compiling and testing CDT from sources

Dear CDT-dev,

As a regular at-work CDT user with some itches I like to scratch and an
interest in getting into Eclipse development I'd like to experiment at little
the CDT sources. Basically, get to a point where I could usefully contribute.

For first learning I thought to use the 4.0.2 release to play with (so
hopefully allowing prerequisites to be satisfied with a normal 3.3.1.1
release Eclipse environment).

After much study of wiki pages and trial and error I've pulled and installed
cdt-master-4.0.2-I200711280800.zip via Software Updates>Find and Install...

The sources are now in my .eclipse ... but this oif course  doesn't yet give
me any Java projects that I can play with and build.  Whats the correct way
to import the packaged sources in a way that allows me to edit/compile/test ?

Many thanks,

	Andrew

--

Dr Andrew Stevens