Re: [cdt-dev] "assert" in cdt source vs. java compiler versionsinprojects

>> Looks like that's correct.  The three plugins in question, plus one other
>> (org.eclipse.cdt.debug.ui), are the ones that have this in their
>> MANIFEST.MF:
>>
>> Bundle-RequiredExecutionEnvironment: J2SE-1.4
>>
>> That must be what causes the difference.  (As it happens,
>> org.eclipse.cdt.debug.ui doesn't use the assert keyword, which is why it
>> didn't give me any trouble.)
>>
>> So, as the only person in the world who cares, I wouldn't mind if that line
>> was removed from those 4 MANIFEST.MF files...unless those of you who know
>> better think that it should be in ALL of them.  But I bet they should all
>> be the same, one way or the other.

> Being able to effortlessly build the CDT plugins by importing them
> from the distribution into a workspace as you have is important
> (hooking into the eclipse.org cvs repository is not for everyone).
> So, we should definitely take some action on this.

See: http://help.eclipse.org/help33/index.jsp?topic=/org.eclipse.pde.doc.user/guide/tasks/pde_compilation_env.htm

"... For example, if you have a bundle that uses J2SE-1.4 with asserts, then the source and target levels would need to be 1.4, instead of the default 1.3 and 1.2.

To explicitly set the java source and target levels, the bundle should set the properties javacSource and javacTarget in it's build.properties file.  These properties will override the values derived from the environment settings..."

Back to the top