Re: [cdt-dev] General toolchain options

> >> I was just about to ask that question. ;-)
> >
> > Yes there is, each tool can define its own commandLineGenerator, this
> > tool specific generator can query the required global toolchain
> > option and add the appropriate option.
> >
> > Please note to take care of the following issue, normally when you
> > change a tool option this tool is marked 'dirty' so that when a build
> > is requested each resource using that tool is being rebuild. This
> > won't happen automatically when you change a global toolchain option,
> > e.g. when you change the cpu you would probably like all tools to be
> > marked 'dirty'. Now that I think of that, if anyone has a proper
> > solution how to solve this please let it know...
>
> BTW: is this feature documented anywhere?

In the plugin.xml editor select your
'org.eclipse.cdt.managedbuilder.core.buildDefinitions' extension, then
'Show extension point description'.

> I was wondering how to implement option-categories for toolchain
> options. Are they applicable at all?

Yip, they are, just like for tools you can define categories for the
toolchain, they will appear at the top of the Tool settings, e.g.

- Global options
- C/C++ Compiler
  - Preprocessing
- Assembler