Re: [cdt-dev] General toolchain options

>> Let's say 2 of the 3 tools in the chain should use a common option. Is
>> there a way to do that too?
>
> I was just about to ask that question. ;-)

Yes there is, each tool can define its own commandLineGenerator, this
tool specific generator can query the required global toolchain
option and add the appropriate option.

Please note to take care of the following issue, normally when you
change a tool option this tool is marked 'dirty' so that when a build
is requested each resource using that tool is being rebuild. This
won't happen automatically when you change a global toolchain option,
e.g. when you change the cpu you would probably like all tools to be
marked 'dirty'. Now that I think of that, if anyone has a proper
solution how to solve this please let it know...

Regards,
  Wieant

Back to the top