[cdt-dev] Publishing a build

Hi Vivian (and all),

In the interest of full disclosure, I’ll publish the steps I’ve gone through to publish release builds.

1)       Unzip the master zip into a temporary directory

2)       Move the plugin and feature jars into the update site (cdt/releases/europa in this case)

3)       Insert the features into the update site’s site.xml and set categories as appropriate

4)       Run the optimize script that’s in the cdt/scripts directory to create packed jars

5)       Wait for the downloads site to update and test that the site.xml is correct (this could take a while)

6)       Update the cdt website, send mail to cdt-dev and cdt newsgroup announcing new build

That’s it. Chris has my MSN id if you need any help. You can probably start this process now for CDT 4.0.2.

Cheers,

Doug Schaefer, QNX Software Systems