[cdt-dev] Indexer and file extension case

Title: Indexer and file extension case

I've noticed that *.CPP files are not indexed because no language settings are found for that file extension.  It does find *.cpp though.  If you go into the file types page and try to add *.CPP, it gives you an error saying it already exits.  So there's some confusion here.  I suppose on non-Windows OS's the case may matter, so maybe it's not using equalsIgnoreCase on purpose, but then the prefs need to not ignore case as well.

Obviously it'd be nicer to not force users on Windows to add upper and lower case file extensions though.  I'm wondering if the checks should all ignore case, or only on Windows, or if we just fix the pref to not ignore case and add upper case duplicates of the existing extensions.

Thanks,
Warren

Back to the top