Re: [cdt-dev] new CDT project model

Thanks for the detailed explanation, will get get back to you if i have any problems

Regards,
Sheldon

On 7/17/07, bala.torati@xxxxxxxxxxx <bala.torati@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi Sheldon,

If you are using CDT4.0 New project model to create your projects you can extend the current MBSWizardHandler and update the createProject mthod with your project creaton logic. And also you can add your own project creation logic and anything extra you do with the projects through the by creating your own template process and register it through the 'org.eclipse.cdt.core.templateProcessTypes' extension point.

Look into the the processes added in 'org.eclipse.cdt.managedbuilder.templateengine.processes' package. e.g NewManagedProject, and how they are registered through plugin.xml file of org.eclipse.cdt.managedbuilder.core plugin, and how the process is used in the templates created in 'org.eclipse.cdt.managedbuilder.gnu.ui' plugin. The 'SimpleMakeFileGenerator' process added by DougS to the same plugin also gives an idea about how simple it it is to create your own process that will affect the properties, settings, resources etc, of your project.

I have plans of producing an ISV documentation for template engine, but may take some time as I am currently very busy with some other project work.

Regards,
-Bala

"Sheldon Dsouza" <sheldond@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

17/07/2007 09:44

Please respond to

cc

Subject
[cdt-dev] new CDT project model

Hi,

           I am working towards migrating our current version of project creation, to the new CDT 4.0 model. I have done a little research on the template engine. and figured out how to create templates for my projects,

           The projects that we create are not managebuild projects but are autotools projects, How do i proceed with the project creation after creating templates?. Do i have to extend the current MBSWizardHandler and add my project creation logic in the createProject method or more is needed.

Regards,
cdt-dev mailing list
cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx

********************************************************************** Symbian Software Ltd is a company registered in England and Wales with registered number 4190020 and registered office at 2-6 Boundary Row, Southwark, London, SE1 8HP, UK. This message is intended only for use by the named addressee and may contain privileged and/or confidential information. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, copy or take any action in reliance on it. If you have received this message in error please notify postmaster@xxxxxxxxxxx and delete the message and any attachments accompanying it immediately. Neither Symbian nor any of its Affiliates accepts liability for any corruption, interception, amendment, tampering or viruses occurring to this message in transit or for any message sent by its employees which is not in compliance with Symbian corporate policy. **********************************************************************