RE: [cdt-dev] Bugs related to understanding of C++ code

After installing cdt 4.0 (that is, copying features and plugins) try
restarting eclipse with the "-clean" argument.
And, as Derek noted in the previou spost, you need Eclipse 3.3 M6 or M7 to
work with CDT 4.0 (actually, *that* is probably the problem.)

...Beth

Beth Tibbitts  (859) 243-4981  (TL 545-4981)
High Productivity Tools / Parallel Tools  http://eclipse.org/ptp
IBM T.J.Watson Research Center
Mailing Address:  IBM Corp., 455 Park Place, Lexington, KY 40511

             Manolo _
             <mac_man2005@hotm
             ail.it>                                                    To
             Sent by:                  "CDT General developers list."
             cdt-dev-bounces@e         <cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>, Doug
             clipse.org                Schaefer <dschaefer@xxxxxxx>
                                                                        cc

             05/14/2007 04:21                                      Subject
             AM                        RE: [cdt-dev] Bugs related to
                                       understanding of C++ code

             Please respond to
               "CDT General
             developers list."
             <cdt-dev@eclipse.
                   org>

Thanks very much for your reply.

I reinstalled Eclispe from the official site instead of using Ubuntu
repositories (even if they show the same Eclipse version 3.2.2).
So it seems that the Help works perfectly (that's already a very good
thing) but... I don't know how to install CDT 4 since I can only find CDT 3
on Ubuntu repositories. So my questions are:

1) Is there a Feisty repository containing CDT 4?
2) How to install the CDT 4 that I downloaded form Eclispe website?

About question 2) I just unpacked the cdt-4.0.0-M7-linux.x86.tar.gz and
copied the content of the 'feature' and 'plugin' directories into the
corresponding ones in my Eclipse installation directory but it still
doesn't recognize C/C++ projects of my workspace.
More in details:
    -made a copy of my workspace
    -tried to install CDT 4 as said above
    -run Eclipse and got the following error:
       "Unable to read workbench state. Workbench UI layout will be reset"
    -cliked on OK button, Eclipse workbech opens but I'm unable to set the
C/C++ perspective from the perspectives list.

The following times I try to repeat the last steps I just described above
it doesn't shows me  that workbench error since I think it modified my
project properties (that's why it was a good choice to work on a copy of my
workbench instead that on the my original workbench).

Thanks for your attention.
Regards.

Manolo.