RE: [cdt-dev] Bugs related to understanding of C++ code

Thanks very much for your reply.

I reinstalled Eclispe from the official site instead of using Ubuntu repositories (even if they show the same Eclipse version 3.2.2).
So it seems that the Help works perfectly (that's already a very good thing) but... I don't know how to install CDT 4 since I can only find CDT 3 on Ubuntu repositories. So my questions are:

1) Is there a Feisty repository containing CDT 4?
2) How to install the CDT 4 that I downloaded form Eclispe website?

About question 2) I just unpacked the cdt-4.0.0-M7-linux.x86.tar.gz and copied the content of the 'feature' and 'plugin' directories into the corresponding ones in my Eclipse installation directory but it still doesn't recognize C/C++ projects of my workspace.
More in details:
    -made a copy of my workspace
    -tried to install CDT 4 as said above
    -run Eclipse and got the following error:
       "Unable to read workbench state. Workbench UI layout will be reset"
    -cliked on OK button, Eclipse workbech opens but I'm unable to set the C/C++ perspective from the perspectives list.

The following times I try to repeat the last steps I just described above it doesn't shows me  that workbench error since I think it modified my project properties (that's why it was a good choice to work on a copy of my workbench instead that on the my original workbench).

Thanks for your attention.
Regards.

Manolo.