[cdt-dev] Not seeing ScannerInfoProvider called on 4.0 M6

In porting the Autotools plugin project to work on 4.0 M6, I've run into a problem. I provide a ScannerInfoProvider via the org.eclipse.cdt.core.ScannerInfoProvider extension, however, my provider never gets called - for example, when I click on stdio.h in the Outline view for a simple hello world source file. It should be enough to just use the default include path settings for the gcc compiler in this particular case. FWIW: I am currently using my own toolchain which I needed to create to get past the creation Wizard (it didn't like the fact that my old buildDefinition configuration didn't have one). The toolchain is essentially a place-holder.

I tried monkeying around with the ScannerDiscoveryProfile setting for the project. I changed it to Configuration-wide and tried setting it to the two StdMake profiles. This seemed appropriate because the Autotools plugin actually has a Makefile and the true includePaths and definedSymbols need to be extracted from the build.

Can anybody give me a pointer as to what I need to look at? Is there a way I can configure to use the Std Make Discovery? My code essentially performs the same functiona. It also has logic to chain header files together (e.g. clicking a header file inside stdio.h's Outline view uses the same include path as was discovered for the original source file which led to stdio.h's location).

-- Jeff J.

Back to the top