Re: [cdt-dev] Project model: More questions and some feedback

Hi Mikhail,

Thanks for the reply. See my comments below.

Sascha

>>--- What exactly is the difference between setting up source folders
(source
Locations), source location exclusion filters and excluding resources from
built (resource properties)?
[Mikhail] These settings should be consistent with each other, so there
should be no difference between them. Please raise a bug if you see any
inconsistency.

Why is it possible to exclude resources from build, which are not within a
source build path ?
[Mikhail] Could you create a bug for this, describing steps to reproduce?

[[Sascha]] I'm not exactly sure which bug to post because I'm not really
sure how the source location and resource exclusion work together.

Example A:
The place to edit source locations is "C/C++ project paths and symbols /
Source location".
The place to exclude folders/files is the "C/C++ Build Settings / [x]
Exclude from build".

I have a project like this:

Project
	SourceFolder
		aSrcFile.c
	NonSourceFolder
		aNonSrcFile.c

SourceFolder is a source location. What will happen when I add the exclusion
filter "*" to this source location? Will a folders/files below SourceFolder
be excluded? This won't affect the "Exclude from build" option. This option
has not been set for folder "SourceFolder".

Oh...just after setting "Exclude from build" and then removing the option
for SourceFolder the folder now appears...non-sourcerish (only-border C
icon). Changing source location exclusion settings don't seem to take effect
instantly.

Well, the question is: How exactly do those two kinds of exclusion
(exclusion filter and resource "exclude form build" option) work together ?
The first one will show the empty-only-border-C icon, the second one will
put a line across the icon.

Example B:

Same project layout as above. SourceFolder is a source location again. But I
can still set the "[x] Exclude from build" option for "NonSourceFolder" and
"aNonSrcFile.c". Both files are excluded anyway, because they are not on the
build path.

So..I'm confuded. I'm not sure what's a bug and what's a feature I just
don't understand ;)

Back to the top