[cdt-dev] CDT3_1_2 build error

I am build CDT3_1_2. When I use Export->Deployable features, I get a couple of build errors in org.eclipse.cdt.refactoring:

2. ERROR in C:\Workspaces\CDTBuild\org.eclipse.cdt.refactoring\src\org\eclipse\cdt\internal\refactoring\DocumentAdapter.java (at line 141)
	assert false;
	^^^^^^
Syntax error on token "assert", AssignmentOperator expected after this token

5. ERROR in C:\Workspaces\CDTBuild\org.eclipse.cdt.refactoring\src\org\eclipse\cdt\internal\refactoring\UndoCTextFileChange.java (at line 73)
	assert buffer instanceof DocumentAdapter;
Syntax error on token "instanceof", = expected

I have set Preference->Java->Compiler>Compiler compiance level to 1.4

Do I need to set anything else

p.s. it builds OK in the UI

Thanks

--