RE: [cdt-dev] Testing strategy for CDT

I was hoping someone else would answer, but it appears to be status quo for
testing of the CDT. The JUnits we run are in CVS as part of the CDT testing
feature. The results are available by following the link on the build page
for each build.

Beyond that, testing appears to be done by earlier adopters of the CDT and
vendors who adopt it for their products. The early adopters are people in
the open source community who use the milestone builds to try out new
features and to be on the bleeding edge. We get a good number of bug reports
from them and they are invaluable.

Vendors that adopt the CDT for their products do test the CDT and the
Eclipse platform. However, it has been difficult to get them out into the
open for various reasons. It really needs someone to take a leadership role
and bring that part of our community together.

Sorry, we couldn't be more help.

Doug Schaefer, QNX Software Systems
Eclipse CDT Project Lead, Tools PMC Member