[cdt-dev] Dependency file generation

Hi All,

    I have a toolchain plug-in based on MBS.
This has a tool definition for 'myCompiler', in which the 'dependencyCalculator' attribute
for 'inputType' element is set to 'org.eclipse.cdt.cradle.toolchain.mygccDependencyCalculator'.

The 'mygccDependencyCalculator' class is same as the 'DefaultGCCDependencyCalculator2' class.
I also my version of 'DefaultGCCDependencyCalculator2Commands' with a small change (Don't use "-MP" while generating the dep file).

Now my makefile gets generated with the correct options. The corresponding command is:
mygcc -I. -g -Wall -march=3616 -c -MMD  -MF"pe_code.d" -MT"pe_code.d" -o"pe_code.o" "../pe_code.c"

However, the generated dependency file (pe_code.d) still contains info generated by the "-MP" option.
pe_code.d pe_code.o: ../pe_code.c ../pe_dse_if.h ../dsevar_dse_code.h
../pe_dse_if.h:
../dsevar_dse_code.h:

I removed the -MP option since I didn't want the pre-processor to generate phony targets for the headers.
The make rule is fine & the same command when run independently in bash gives the correct O/P
I don't know from where the -MP output is getting added.

Please help!

Thanks,
Delicia.

Back to the top