Re: [cdt-dev] Re: Moving CDT 4.0 to Java 1.5

It may be considered inappropriate to debate this, but I'll submit my opinion that this argument is somewhat flawed. The platform supports many, many different projects, and because of that, it has an extremely high resistance to a JDK change. This makes sense. But to the then use that fact as the basis for keeping individual projects from moving forward is equivalent to saying: "everyone moves together or no one moves at all", which is unreasonably restricting given the massive size and diversity of the Eclipse community.

Since it's been declared that everyone has veto power, I think it's not unreasonable for someone to submit a counter-argument. If this was a majority vote, I would have kept quiet and let the tally speak for itself. I'll also refrain from any further debate on this subject.

John