[cdt-dev] Re: Moving CDT 4.0 to Java 1.5

I have to vote -1 on this because there will be a number of developers who are required to stay on Java 1.4.2 for any number of reasons, since the Eclipse platform still supports it. It could be clumsy and error-prone for them to have to switch to using 1.5.0 only when they do C/C++ development.

I'd vote for upgrading to 5.0 (or later) when the Eclipse platform no longer works with 1.4.2.

Corey Ashford
Software Engineer
IBM Linux Technology Center, Linux Toolchain
Beaverton, OR
503-578-3507
cjashfor@xxxxxxxxxx

Back to the top