[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
- From: "Schorn, Markus" <Markus.Schorn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 1 Aug 2006 10:57:15 +0200
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Thread-index: Aca0y9YQ4Ga5I6MQR7Gx8XjxNl3zygAayirQAAPc9MA=
- Thread-topic: CModel vs. DOM
while implementing the call-hierarchy I have to make the decision how to
the functions/methods in the tree. I have the choice of using the CModel
(ICElement) or the DOM (IASTName, IBinding).
It is not a good idea to hold on to objects of type IASTName and
IBinding when they are generated by the parser. This would use up way
too much memory. The situation may be different with objects obtained
from the PDom. If it is ok to use those objects I will be heading this
way. Doug, is it ok?
Using ICElements causes the problem of bridging back to DOM objects when
queries in the PDom. When we want to go this way, then I think the query
API to be created on top of the PDom has to work with ICElements itself.