From: cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Schorn, Markus
Sent: Tuesday, August 01, 2006 4:57 AM
To: CDT General developers list.
Subject: [cdt-dev] CModel vs. DOM

Hi,
while implementing the call-hierarchy I have to make the decision how to
model
the functions/methods in the tree. I have the choice of using the CModel
(ICElement) or the DOM (IASTName, IBinding).

It is not a good idea to hold on to objects of type IASTName and
IBinding when they are generated by the parser. This would use up way
too much memory. The situation may be different with objects obtained
from the PDom. If it is ok to use those objects I will be heading this
way. Doug, is it ok?

Using ICElements causes the problem of bridging back to DOM objects when
doing
queries in the PDom. When we want to go this way, then I think the query
API to be created on top of the PDom has to work with ICElements itself.

Markus.