RE: [cdt-dev] Storing project settings

Hi Wieant,

>We switched off from using the 'persistent properties' mechanism, as
these
>seem to be stored outside of the project, thus tend to get lost when
>exporting the project and are more difficult to incorporate in source
code
>control. Also the hierarchy is getting too complex to catch in basic
>key=value pairs, hence the idea to switch to a special xml file, but
we'll
>investigate your suggestions.
I'm not talking about project persistent properties.
Both project-scoped preferences and build specs are stored under the
project dir.
The project-scoped prefs are stored under the .settings project
sub-directory, while the build specs are stored in the .project file.

Also note that although the project-scoped preferences are presented as
key-value pairs, your string preference value may generally contain xml
data, so you do not have to limit yourself to storing data in the
key-value format.

Mikhail