From: Ralph Mueller [mailto:ralph.mueller@xxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Saturday, July 22, 2006 3:23 PM
To: Doug Schaefer
Subject: Eclipse Summit Europe 2006

Hello Doug -

as you might know, we will conduct Eclipse Summit Europe 2006 the  on October 11 and 12 in Esslingen, Germany.

The Esslingen event is designed for a group no larger than 300 people.  We believe that this will maximize the opportunities to network in the Eclipse European community and gather feedback from the community that has been one of the keys to Eclipse's growth.   We plan to release more details of the program on the website in early August.

The goals of the conference are

·         to generate interest and deepen understanding in the consumer community

·         to generate feedback and ideas for contributions to eclipse

·         to promote opportunities within the eclipse community for contributions in several forms: membership, collaboration, investment/sponsoring new projects

·         to create opportunities for collaboration among industry, education and research and individuals

·         to create a program that creates synergies among the public program, council meetings and membership meetings

Please let me know if you or your colleagues are interested in presenting the CDT project in this context.

We are looking for presentations of

- 45 min. duration
- short description including domain
- status and futures

As we need to finalize the program in the coming days, I would appreciate to hear back from you as soon as possible.

What we will need from you in case of your participation is

- Talk title and your affiliation as you'd like it to appear on the website and program material - July 28th
- bio, abstract, photo - no later than August 8th
- speaker agreement - no later than August 8th

If you need more information, I would be happy to hear from you.

----------------------------------

Kind regards / Liebe Gruesse,

Ralph Mueller
Director, Eclipse Ecosystems Europe