From: cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of Wieant Nielander
Sent: Monday, July 24, 2006 3:14 PM
To: CDT General developers list.
Subject: [cdt-dev] Storing project settings

I'm looking for a way to save some project specific settings. Apparantly
CDT projects already contain 3 different files for this purpose:
 .project, .cdtproject and .cdtbuild
Is there a specific reason to have 3 different files for holding project
settings, all 3 are xml based so could be combined I guess?

Point is that I couldn't find a way to extend any of these 3 files to
hold
our specific settings, so I added yet another dot-file to hold them
instead. But all these dot-files are starting to show ugly/confusing,
and
instead of every isv/extender adding more dot-files couldn't we have a
common (e.g. IMemento like) way of storing this type of settings in a
single project file.

Regards,
  Wieant