From: cdt-core-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:cdt-core-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Andrew Niefer
Sent: Thursday, July 06, 2006 1:04 PM
To: CDT Core developers list.
Subject: Re: [cdt-core-dev] Version update reminder

Note that according to the Eclipse versioning guidelines, the HEAD plug-ins wouldn't necessarily move to 4.0.0.  Plug-ins would be versioned independently depending on how much work is done.

For minor bug fixes it would move to 3.1.100.  Binary compatible API changes or significant code change without API changes would go to 3.2.0.
4.0.0 would be for non binary compatible changes.

http://wiki.eclipse.org/index.php/Version_Numbering
http://www.eclipse.org/equinox/documents/plugin-versioning.html

-Andrew

Doug Schaefer <DSchaefer@xxxxxxx>
Sent by: cdt-core-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

07/06/2006 12:44 PM

Please respond to
"CDT Core developers list." <cdt-core-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

"CDT Core developers list." <cdt-core-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

cc

Subject

[cdt-core-dev] Version update reminder

Hey gang,

For the purposes of the update site, I would like to make sure we only upversion the plugins that change. So when you make a change to a plugin, please make sure you set the version correctly. For the cdt_3_1 stream that should be 3.1.1 and for HEAD, 4.0.0.

I’ll do a sweep later this week to make sure it matches what I’m seeing in the CVS logs.

Thanks,
Doug Schaefer, QNX Software Systems
Eclipse CDT Project Lead, Tools PMC member
http://cdtdoug.blogspot.com