From: cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Chris Recoskie
Sent: Thursday, June 15, 2006 2:12 PM
To: kap4020@xxxxxxx; CDT General developers list.
Subject: Re: [cdt-dev] FW: [eclipse-dev] C# plugin for Eclipse

They generate their parser via LLK.  The resulting generated parser code is
under the LGPL license, as they use the example C# grammar, which itself
was LGPL.  The LGPL is not compatible with the EPL currently.

I am not a lawyer but I think that makes the idea of contributing it to
Eclipse dead in the water for now.

===========================

Chris Recoskie
Team Lead, IBM CDT Team
IBM Toronto
http://www.eclipse.org/cdt

             Karol Pietrzak
             <kap4020@xxxxxxx>
             cdt-dev-bounces@e         cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
             clipse.org                                                 cc

                                                                   Subject
             15/06/2006 02:01          Re: [cdt-dev] FW: [eclipse-dev] C#
             PM                        plugin for Eclipse

             Please respond to
             kap4020@xxxxxxx;
             Please respond to
               "CDT General
             developers list."
             <cdt-dev@eclipse.
                   org>

On Tuesday 13 June 2006 08:34, Doug Schaefer wrote:
> Yes, I have a Google SOC student working towards that and I?ve been
working
> on a C# parser (at least until the CDT 3.1 storm hit). I think it?s a
> natural fit.
> I?ll have to think about how I?d organize this activity. There is a lot
of
> work to do to make this happen, including editor support, DOM support,
> managed build, debug. I?m not sure how it fits in our mandate, whatever
our
> mandate really is, so I?ve been thinking of hosting it at our SourceForge
> project, cdt-contrib.
> Anyone else interested in working on this?

I second Mike Milinkovich's point that if CDT seems to be the best place
for
 a C# Eclipse, then so be it!

However, I would just like to point out that there is already a C# Eclipse
plugin in current development [1].

It's also quite far along, with the following features (quoted from the
webpage):

- Syntax highlight.
- Smart indent.
- Outline page.
- Format action and syntax checking.
- Comment and uncomment actions.

Doug Schaefer: I'm looking at the proposal, and I'm not quite understanding
whether Rebecca Chernoff will be working on a Mono Eclipse plugin or the
IDE
Generator?

Thanks!

[1] http://black-sun.sourceforge.net/csharp-editor/index.html