[cdt-dev] merging C# Eclipse plugin efforts

On Thursday 15 June 2006 14:11, Chris Recoskie wrote:
> They generate their parser via LLK.  The resulting generated parser code is
> under the LGPL license, as they use the example C# grammar, which itself
> was LGPL.  The LGPL is not compatible with the EPL currently.
>
> I am not a lawyer but I think that makes the idea of contributing it to
> Eclipse dead in the water for now.

Hmmm, ok.  How about Emonic [1], yet another C# plugin I just found?  It's CPL
licensed, and also has a few nice features, including "color-highlighting,
outline, word-completion and build mechanism via Ant or Nant."

Chris Recoskie: Do you know per-chance if the CPL is EPL-compatible?

I think there are three C# Eclipse plugins for Eclipse currently in
development:

1. Rebecca Chernoff, with Doug Schaefer as her mentor for the Google SoC
2. Emonic [1]
3. Black-Sun [2]

And, there's Improve Technologies' C# plugin which hasn't been in development
for a few years now [3].

I think if we merge our efforts, we can create a truly powerful C# plugin for
Eclipse, one that rivals Eclipse's powerful Java support.

I will try to contact the respective authors of these plugins, because so far
I do not see the reason to take separate paths down the same road.

What does everyone else thing about this?  Any feedback would be greatly
appreciated. :)

[1] http://sourceforge.net/projects/emonic/
[2] http://sourceforge.net/projects/black-sun
[3] http://www.improve-technologies.com/alpha/esharp/