Re: [cdt-dev] FW: [eclipse-dev] C# plugin for Eclipse

On Jun 15, 2006, at 12:20 PM, Doug Schaefer wrote:

ANTLR is LL(*) BTW, where I assume LLK is, well, LL(k). ANTLR is much more powerful and makes grammar writing a hell of a lot easier. It actually meets the needs we had for our C++ grammar which we ended up doing by hand because none of the parser generators could do LL(*). Good times ahead for us parser
writers :)!

Doug,

Could you say a few words about what needs to be done to fit a general grammar (say in ANTLR) into the DOM infrastructure. For example, will the C# IAST nodes be the same as or only similar to the C nodes?

I'm asking because LANL needs to modify the Photran parser (actually only the scanner) to be able to use the CDT preprocessor code as many Fortran codes use the C preprocessor. I'm just wondering what could be done to bring the entire Photran parsing into the DOM umbrella and what it would gain. Would it help in refactoring, for example. I have someone who might like to help with this project but I'd like to get some idea of its scope.

Cheers,
Craig

Back to the top