Re: [cdt-dev] Property page error after CProjectNature.addCNature(...)

It seems I have found a solution.  With the following three lines, a C Make Project is created that has no errors in the property pages:

CCorePlugin.getDefault().createCProject(description, projectHandle, monitor, MakeCorePlugin.MAKE_PROJECT_ID);
MakeProjectNature.addNature(projectHandle, monitor);
ScannerConfigNature.addScannerConfigNature(projectHandle);

It seems odd I can't do this all with a single line.  Since the "createCProject" method requires the project type ID (projectID), why doesn't it go ahead and add the appropriate natures for a make project?  Isn't it necessary to have both the Make nature and the ScannerConfig nature for every Make project?

-Chad

<cebarne2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

11/10/2005 02:44 PM

Please respond to

cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
[cdt-dev] Property page error after CProjectNature.addCNature(...)

I'm attempting to create a very simple new project wizard for the users of our internal CDT managed build system (not the CDT's MBS).  Basically, the wizard is simply a BasicNewProjectResourceWizard that does some processing on the tail-end.  When the user hits "Finish" the C nature and Make nature is added to the project and several files are copied into the project.  Then, we set some CDT-specific settings (include paths, build paths, etc).

The project is created without error, the nature gets added without error, and our files copy and the settings get applied.  Yay!

But, when I go into the project's properties and try to click on the "C/C++ Make Project" properties page, I get the error:

"The currently displayed page containes invalid values"

If I click on any other property page and back, it works fine.  If I close the properties and open them again, same error for that page until I click to a different page and back.

What could be wrong with this project?

Thanks,

Chad Barnes

Rockwell Collins, Inc.