RE: [cdt-dev] Long compiler error messages not readable in the Pr oblems view.

On Thu, 2005-11-10 at 15:43 -0500, Doug Schaefer wrote:
> Make sure your build command doesn't have the -k option to make. Then
> it
> should stop at the first failed compile.

I searched all the files in the project (including configs and
makefiles) and nowhere do we have a -k for a build flag.  I am wondering
if it is in the code that builds the make string somewhere inside
Eclipse.

So... man make gives:

-S Cancel the effect of the -k option. This is never necessary except in
a recursive make where -k might be inherited from the top-level make via
MAKEFLAGS or if you set -k in MAKEFLAGS in your environment

So, in eclipse, Project->Properties-> "C/C++ Make Project"

I manually set the make command to be "make -S" and I checked off "Stop
on first build error".  Actually, you can't check that off, but I had it
checked off when I was using the default make command and when I entered
my manual make command it stayed checked off even though the text dims.

My build still doesn't stop.

Me suspects there is a bug associated with that check off box.

Shall I enter a bug report or grab code and check it out for myself ?

In order to use eclipse I have to be able to see the build errors in
order to be able to fix them.

--
Kim Lux,  Diesel Research Inc.

Back to the top