RE: [cdt-dev] Long compiler error messages not readable in the Pr oblems view.

On Thu, 2005-11-10 at 14:18 -0500, Doug Schaefer wrote:
> The best thing to do is to go back to the build console and look at it
> there.

The problem with that is on big builds the bug results are hard to find
in the console text and further more the build text is larger than the
console memory.  So they aren't even there to look at in some cases.

> The Eclipse Problems view really wasn't built to deal with long
> messages, especially multi-line messages that we've had problems with
> in the past (and current, I guess as well).

I dunno what to say.  This problem almost makes eclipse un usable for
us.

In Project -> Properties->"C/C++ Make Project"-> "Make Builder", I have
"Stop on first build error" checked off.  Why isn't it stopping ?

gcc always has long error printouts.  How are other people using gcc ?
Is there a flag for "short error descriptions" that I should be using ?

--
Kim Lux,  Diesel Research Inc.

Back to the top