RE: [cdt-dev] Binary Search Thread

Does the binary search thread also do the scanning for archives? I discovered an
"interesting" bit of code in the archive scanner that does a readline on any file it finds
to see if it's an archive. Well, I had a project with multiple 20MB binary files in it
which happened to not have any eol chars. that readline went on for a long long long time
before it figured out it was not an archive anyway. I forget what thread called it, but it
was one of the workspace change listeners.

Conservative fix is trivial ... if you like I'll bugzilla it and attach a patch (though it
might be 74387?). It could also be made much faster (for big projects) by only bothering
to open defined archive extensions. Right now IIRC it seems to open and check anything
that comes up on the delta list.

Ciao,

PMac