[cdt-dev] Disabling managed project converter

Hello,

I've been looking at converting our managed make projects from our
current product (CDT 2.0 based) to a new (future) CDT 3.0 based one.
I'm having problems with the existing managed project converter.  Is
there any way to turn off or replace it?  I'm starting to think the best
way to get around the problems is to write my own converter.  However,
this would conflict with the existing converter.  Here are my current
problems for reference:

-We are storing per-configuration information in a file outside the
.cdtbuild file.  This information is indexed by configuration ID.  When
a configuration is converted, it gets a new ID.  Therefore this
connection is broken.  I don't see any way to correlate the two IDs.

-I would really like to change our plugin.xml build tool definition to
take advantage of the new features in CDT 2.1/3.0, which I was finding
quite useful.  However, many of the changes I would like to make cause
the converter to no longer be able to upgrade the project.

-The prompt that comes up doesn't make sense in the context of our
product.  It uses the CDT version numbers 2.0 -> 3.0.  However, our
product's version number is changing from 3.1 -> 3.2 (probably).

-The prompt comes up once per project.  When I first opened my workspace
I got 20 or so prompts in a row before I could do anything else.  I may
have a few more projects than our average customer will, but at least
some of them will probably have numbers of projects in this range.

Thanks for any insight,

  Jeremiah Lott
  TimeSys Corporation

Back to the top