Re: [cdt-dev] Ada in CDT

> Just to update where I am with this, I've started to write my own editor
> from scratch. Jeff suggested that it only takes 12 hours to do so I'm out
> to give it a try. When looking through the CDT editor, I found a lot of
> code that was simply cut and pasted from the JDT a few releases ago and
> I'm not sure it is structured how you would write one from scratch today.

8-)

To be fair, it is probably more the fact that lots of people contributed
to the CEditor.  The original code came from IBM(Zurich ?) and a lot
of changes when in the  texteditor framework from Eclipse-1.0 'til now.

Agreed, the way you write an editor today on Eclipse-3.1 is not
the same on Eclipse-1.x, 2.x or 3.x  ... 8-)

Things tend to go to there natural state ... chaos.
Or rather, the design pattern: ... big ball of mud.
	http://www.laputan.org/mud/mud.html

Sorry, I'm off topic again, but it's been raining non-stop here.

Back to the top