Re: [cdt-dev] Environment variables not passed to make

> Yes, the problem is that under MacOSX, Eclipse inherits its environment
> from the window manager, so setting your path in .bash_profile is
> useless. You need to create a file called environment.plist and put it
> in a directory called .MacOSX in your home directory.
>
> It would be a nice feature of the Eclipse platform if you could
> view/change environment variables though.

A few more points:
- this is also a commited plan item for the std make project
  (see the CDT 3.0 project plan).  New environments would be
  save on the target builder setting, probably something
  close to the EnvironmentTab in the launcher.

- It's been suggested a number of times the CDT provides
  such service ... but it will bring more confusion.

The platform provides a way to read the variables via the dynamic resolver
env_var but it does not provide UI to do settings and we probably want
to be able to do this on a per project basis.