Re: [cdt-dev] Code Assist for CDT 3.0

> Hey gang,
>
> As a late entry into the plan, I will be working on porting the Completion
> Processor over to the new DOM. We see a huge potential to improve the
> performance of this feature with the new DOM architecture, i.e. separation
> of syntactic and semantic processing and the laziness of the semantic
> processing. I will also be looking to take advantage of the information in
> the index more often than we do now.
>
> I will update the plan accordingly and provide documentation of what I
> plan in the next day or so. If you are also planning work in this area,
> please let me know so we can coordinate.

Very cool !

The UI CCompletionProcessor(IContentAssistProcessor) class merges proposals coming from:
- code assist(AST:Source parser)
- extension point(Help contribution)
- code templates

The engine using the AST to provide the proposals,
	IASTCompletionNode CompleteEngine.complete(IWorkingCopy sourceUnit, int completionOffset)
is in the UI plugin.  Is it possible for the future to move this engine in the Core plugin?

Back to the top